COMPOSITION OF SOCIETY
The Society will have a multi-tier structure, comprising:
the General Body, which shall be the supreme organ of the Society;
the Governing Council, which shall act on behalf of the General Body to steer
the Expert Committees, which shall handle the activities related to a particular
technology vertical or a focus area allocated by the Governing Council;
- the Working Groups, which shall assist Expert Committees in the deeper
technical aspects of the particular technology vertical or a focus area.
The General Secretariat, headed by the Director General, which shall manage the day
to-day activities and support functions as per the overall direction Of GC
The Governing Council will specify detailed Working Procedures for all the entities in
the structure including process
The General Body shall comprise of Corporate and Affiliate Members, as determined by the Society.
The Governing Council, which may be expanded as required, shall be the apex body responsible for running the Society. The Chairperson/ Vice Chairperson of the Governing Council shall preside over the General Body. It shall be mandatory to hold one General Body Meeting (GBM) annually. It shall be called the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM). If, one more GBM shall be required to be convened, it will be called Extra-ordinary GBM.
CHAIRPERSON & VICE CHAIRPERSON(S)
- The Corporate Members of the General Body may elect, from among themselves, the Governing Council. The members of the Governing Council may offer themselves as Chairperson and Vice Chairperson(s) of the Governing Council.
- The General Body shall elect a Chairperson and Vice Chairperson(s).
- The Chairperson and Vice Chairperson(s) shall hold office for a period of two years.
- A Chairperson / Vice Chairperson shall not be elected as Chairperson / Vice Chairperson(s) for more than two consecutive terms.